Why Page Speed Matters
Site speed affects search engine ranking and overall visitor experience. Page loading time is an important part of user experience. The longer it takes a website to load, the more risk for user abandonment. Additionally, search engines will lower the rank of a slow loading website.
Site Speed Facts
- Page abandonment increases the longer it takes a site to load.
- 40% of users abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less
- 79% of shoppers who are dissatisfied with website performance are less likely to buy again from the same website
Testing Site Speed
Site Speed Tips
- Use a plugin such as EWWW Image Optimizer to reduce image data without reducing quality.
- W3 Total Cache can be used to help minify pages and reduce download times.
How I Can Help
- We will begin by measuring the current site speed.
- Next we utilize a plan based on the report and best practices.
- Finally, we will measure site speed again to ensure our goals have been reached.
Facts source: Kissmetrics